Algarve, Portugal, 23rd to 28th October 2023
Join 10-14 gay, bi and queer men for embodied movement, connection, sensuality and healing in SouthernPortugal at Casa Cales; a beautiful yoga retreat centre with sweeping views of the sea and lush rugged countryside.
This retreat is an opportunity for you to pause, rest, recharge and reset. Together we’ll create a space for you to show up for yourself and others, maybe like never before.
You’ll get to know tools and practices that are joyful, resourcing, healing and transformative and your body, heart, mind and spirit will feel better.
We’ll explore yoga, meditation, reiki, TRE (tension trauma release), QEC (trauma-informed belief system coaching), shiatsu, energy medicine and tantra. Some classes will be naked and it is also possible to be naked around the retreat centre.
Community is a massive part of these retreat events and it’s there where much of our medicine lies. Come and be with like minds and hearts and lean into meaningful connection and intimacy, the rich kind that can deeply sustain us. Leave with a stronger knowing that you belong to life and love and that life and love belong to you.
The program will be relaxed and spacious and also rich and healing:
– Tension/Trauma Release Exercises which help us to release long held tension patterns, stress and
trauma from the body
– a variety of energising yoga practices such as dynamic hatha vinyasa, yin and partner yoga
– various meditation tools and practices
– shiatsu massage techniques
– reiki level 1 attunement for self-regulation, self-care and self-healing
This retreat is for you if:
- You are looking to integrate your sexuality and spirituality and open up to a deepening awareness of who you are
- You love the idea of being close to wild nature, living amid old olive trees and looking out over green hills and valleys
- You want more intimacy with like-minded, warm-hearted gay and bi men and to experience the joy, connection and healing that arises in community
- You want to enjoy and celebrate your body through movement and energy work
- You are looking to expand your awareness of what your body, mind and spirit are capable of
- You are working on healing from negative experiences regarding your sexuality and/or you are interested in more intimacy and authenticity, with yourself and with others
- You are ready for an adventure, to take risks, grow beyond your comfort zone and discover new ways of delighting in who you are
A typical day:
8.30am* movement and yoga
11.30am reiki attunements on second full day
5pm evening session
– 2 to 3 classes per day
– Reiki level I
– Three delicious and nutritious vegetarian meals a day, fruit, herbal teas and water
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing, self-regulation and self-care.
Through reiki, we receive the lifeforce energy around us, the energy that flows through all living things, the energy from the sun and the cosmos, the oceans and the earth. This balances and strengthens our own lifeforce.
Our lifeforce is responsive to thoughts and feelings. It becomes disrupted by negative thoughts or feelings we hold about ourselves. These negative thoughts and feelings attach themselves to the energy field and cause a disruption in the flow of life force. This diminishes the vital function of the organs and cells of the physical body.
Reiki heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with positive energy. It raises the vibratory level of the energy field in and around the physical body where the negative thoughts and feelings are attached. This causes the negative energy to break apart and fall away. In so doing, Reiki clears, straightens and heals the energy pathways, thus allowing the life force to flow in a healthy and natural way. Reiki is extremely helpful in working with Tantric Energy and supports the expansion and growth that comes with it.
The ability to channel Reiki energy is transferred to the student by a Reiki Master during an attunement process.
By receiving an attunement you will gain a valuable tool for self-healing and self-regulation and also become part of a group of people who are using Reiki to share peace, love and expand universal consciousness with others and the Planet. It is a beautiful, relaxing and deeply nurturing experience and I am delighted to be able to share it with you.
(With thanks to Miguel Chavez at www.reikimaya.com and his manual for Reiki 1 and 2, the Usui System of Healing).
Prices start at £1100
To apply, please contact Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org or +447968846610