Naked Yoga : Shamanism : Tantra Massage : Reiki – April 2022
‘You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.’ Rumi
Join Andy Butterfield and Robert Van Ravens at this retreat for gay-bi-queer men and immerse yourself in embodied practices that awaken our raw, potent life-force energy and expand it through the body.
Through tantra yoga, breathwork, shamanic practice, ritual and ceremony, massage and reiki, this life-force vibrates and trembles with more and more pleasure and vitality and our perception of what the body is capable of widens. We begin to access more of what’s available to us and our inner resources emerge, we can stand in deeper, richer, higher consciousness. We receive much more of the gift that is our Self.
‘You are the one you have sought for so long.’ Jeff Foster
Relationship and brotherhood is a key part of the retreat experience. We all become each other’s mirrors, teachers, guides and gifts. Energised by lifeforce, the heart opens and can truly know itself as boundless in its capacity for compassion, generosity and love. We light the way and lead each other home.
This retreat is for you if:
- You are looking to integrate your sexuality and spirituality and open up to a deepening awareness of who you are
- You love the idea of getting back to nature, feeling the sun on your naked skin, roaming through woodland and mountains, stargazing and sharing around the fire
- You want more intimacy with like-minded, warm-hearted gay and bi men and to experience the joy, connection and healing that arises in community
- You want to enjoy and celebrate your body through movement and energy work
- You are looking to expand your awareness of what your body, mind and spirit are capable of
- You are working on healing from negative experiences regarding your sexuality and/or you are interested in better sex, with yourself and with others
- You are ready for an adventure, to take risks, grow beyond your comfort zone and discover new ways of delighting in who you are
A typical day:
8.30am* functional fitness, movement and yoga
11.30am reiki attunements on second full day – morning program other days
5pm shamanic work
The schedule may be subject to change.
*The yoga and functional movement and fitness will be for active beginners and improvers so you will need to be relatively fit, healthy and active. Andy and Robert draw on their experience with functional exercise and hatha vinyasa yoga to instruct in a mindful, flowing practice that is both subtle and physical.
- A beautiful yoga retreat centre in the hills 11km north of Maspalomas
- Enormous garden, grounds, giant hot tub
- The bedrooms have super king beds, most are single occupancy but there is an option to share to keep the price lower. All rooms have their own bathrooms and some are en-suite.
- Secluded and private in beautiful rugged surroundings
- Hearty, delicious and nourishing plant-based cooking by a talented chef
- A rich programme of learning and practice but also plenty of time to rest, relax and reconnect
Most rooms are single occupancy with a super king bed. Some twin rooms are available. All rooms have their own bathroom and some are en-suite. The en-suite rooms will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
There are just a few early bird spaces available
£1395 for super king single occupancy
£1295 for single room (only 1 available)
£1195 for super king twin room
£1470 for super king single room
£1370 for single room (only 1 available)
£1270 for super king twin room
Secure your place with a non-refundable £300 deposit. Contact Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 7968 846610.
– 2-3 yoga and tantra classes per day
– Reiki level I
– Three delicious and nutritious vegetarian meals a day, herbal teas and water
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing, self-regulation and self-care.
Through reiki, we receive the lifeforce energy around us, the energy that flows through all living things, the energy from the sun and the cosmos, the oceans and the earth. This balances and strengthens our own lifeforce.
Our lifeforce is responsive to thoughts and feelings. It becomes disrupted by negative thoughts or feelings we hold about ourselves. These negative thoughts and feelings attach themselves to the energy field and cause a disruption in the flow of life force. This diminishes the vital function of the organs and cells of the physical body.
Reiki heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with positive energy. It raises the vibratory level of the energy field in and around the physical body where the negative thoughts and feelings are attached. This causes the negative energy to break apart and fall away. In so doing, Reiki clears, straightens and heals the energy pathways, thus allowing the life force to flow in a healthy and natural way. Reiki is extremely helpful in working with Tantric Energy and supports the expansion and growth that comes with it.
The ability to channel Reiki energy is transferred to the student by a Reiki Master during an attunement process.
By receiving an attunement you will gain a valuable tool for self-healing and self-regulation and also become part of a group of people who are using Reiki to share peace, love and expand universal consciousness with others and the Planet. It is a beautiful, relaxing and deeply nurturing experience and I am delighted to be able to share it with you.
(With thanks to Miguel Chavez at www.reikimaya.com and his manual for Reiki 1 and 2, the Usui System of Healing).
Andy is a shiatsu therapist, tantra yoga teacher, trauma coach and Reiki master and folds these disciplines into his teaching to help his students tap into the great intelligence, power, resilience and creativity of the body. He is passionate about creating community and holding a safe, relaxed and meaningful space for gay and bi men to meet and explore intimacy, connection and joy.
He has taught many retreats and workshops around the world and is based in London and Brighton, UK.
Please contact Andy at email@example.com or via the Contact page for more details
Robert has a rich and fascinating background in yoga, massage, breath and bodywork, healing, tantra and plant medicine. Drawing on his trainings with Body Electric, Authentic Eros, Sacred Intimacy and Ayahuasca, he has developed beautiful and profound practices for men to help them embody their sacred sexual spirits and to explore and share their healing capacities in a safe, collaborative and playful environment.
Find out more about Robert at https://www.respirobodywork.com/